Sorry I haven't posted in awhile....but I've been very busy. This "Figuring Out Life" stuff is really exciting. Wow....if I only had time to write everything my little blue eyes have seen. Mommy and Daddy started teaching me to play soccer, and I had the best time. It was the first time I laughed out loud. I had made the same sounds in my head, but this time, the sounds came out of my mouth. It was so much fun!
I've also started rolling over to my back..and to my stomach...and to my back again. I wasn't a big fan of being on my tummy, so I started rolling onto my back. However, I couldn't reach my toys when I was on my back, so I started rolling onto my tummy. I'm getting better about being on my stomach - it's still not my favorite - it takes a lot of energy to push yourself up.
And, do you know how much I love to talk???
I love playing with my toes. Have you ever tasted your toes??? Mine taste fantastic. It's funny, though. Everytime I poop my pants and I'm getting changed, everyone rushes to make sure my feet don't touch my diaper. It's funny to watch everyone freak out. And speaking of poop - I've had some blowouts lately. One time, when daddy was changing me, somehow poop got all over the wall. No one is sure how...but it did. I laughed!
Not long after I got back to Colorado, Daddy's brother, my Uncle Ted, came to visit. Uncle Ted brought my Aunt Jenny and my cousins Jonah, Tess, and Tatum with him. Grandma and Grandpa Douglass came up too. We had lots of fun celebrating Daddy's and Uncle Ted's birthdays. Cousin Jonah and Tess and Mommy planned a Star Wars birthday party. We played games and wore 3-D glasses. There was even a pinata. We had chocolate cake and ice cream cake. What is it with ice cream and cake at birthdays???
While everyone was here, we went to the zoo and to Mr Bigg's family fun center. It was so great to see and meet everyone. My cousin Tess is REALLY funny.
Oh, and I'm also sitting up. My favorite activity is sitting up and playing with my alphabet wheel that my Uncle Andy and Aunt Kellen gave me for Christmas. I love that toy. It makes all of these great animal sounds and sings the ABCs to me.
And, I have started sleeping through the night. Mommy used to wake me up in the middle of the night to eat. But I got her - I just kept sleeping and not really eating and she finally caught on. Now, I eat my last bottle in the evening and sleep all night. I feel so much more rested now that I'm not being woken up in the middle of the night.
And, my heart is doing great and I don't have to take any more medicine for it. The other day I was at the doctor's office and I weighed in at 14 lbs. 14 oz. Woo Hoo...The doctor says I have Thunder Thighs - what is that? Mommy says my thighs are cute.
And I still like my school - check out my school photos. Aren't I cute??



Next week, I'm headed on my first real road trip. We're going to New Mexico to stay at Grandma and Grandpa Douglass' and we're going to celebrate Easter. I've heard that the Easter Bunny will come and see me..so hopefully he'll know where I'm at if I'm not at home. Can't wait to meet the New Mexico gang.

No comments:
Post a Comment